Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Co Sleeping.


Yes, our baby sleeps with us. It's "big secret" these days because everyone is afraid of what other people will think. And to be quite honest with you, I don't care what others think. It works for us. It's almost like when I find out someone else does it too...were whispering, and looking around the room to see if anyone has heard. It's not a sin. It's actually a great way to bond with your baby, while meeting your needs and his needs. There not going to want to sleep in your bed FOREVER. Just for a short time until they feel "satisfied" of that need. To me, it's the most peaceful thing to awaken in the middle of the night and look down at your beautiful baby, who's so dependent on you, all snuggled up next to you...feeling your warmth, your breath and your skin against his tiny little body.

So I found this book called Nighttime Parenting by William Sears, M.D. It is the best "self help" book I have ever read. I have finally found a book who's parenting style TOTALLY matches mine. I love the book and recommend it to anyone who is pregnant or has a young child.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...