Saturday, December 24, 2011

Two weeks later...

Well the recovery process has been pretty icky for Sam.  He requested Tylenol for the first 2 days, saying he eye hurts.  I was a little worried because the Dr. had initially told us it wouldn't hurt him as there isn't much nerve endings in the eye.  In contrary to that, I have read about adults having cryotherapy to their eye and it hurt "like hell".  So were just trying to make him as comfortable as possible.


He doesn't like the fact that his left eye is still swollen and closed.  He looks in the mirror and totally knows something is different and not right.  He looks at himself, then looks at me and says "Mommy, only one eye open, I want TWO eyes open!"

Sammie has really been a trooper through all this though.  I am just SO glad we don't have drops or anything like that.  I don't think I can stomach fighting him to put something in his eye when it looks how it does.  I tried to get some close up pictures so you can see how the white part of his eye is so swollen that's it's higher than the blue part of his eye.


It's been "draining" a yellowish liquid.  Which I guess is normal, as long as it's not green.  I just worry a little that we don't really have a follow up appointment - because her office is 4 hours away - but I don't know what it's supposed to look like, or whats "normal".  Pretty much looks like raw meat.  Is your stomach churning yet!?!?


The red mark you see above his eye brow I believe is from the tool they use to keep his eye open.  I think they maybe had it cranked open pretty hard in order to be aggressive like she said she was.  I thought it was going to be a scar, but it ended up going away.


All in all, Sammie is just a happy little guy.  He is handling this so much better than any adult would in my opinion.  It took two FULL weeks for his eye to look any better.  The swelling lasted about 10 days, but the redness in his eye was 14 days.  I was scared to take him out in fear that people would think I beat him and gave him a  black eye, so we pretty much just hung out at home.  I am just thankful he will be all better just in time for Santa!  Love you Sammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...