Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dr.s Visit's.

The boys had their Dr. visits on Monday. Ethan had his 4 year check (kindergarten shots) and Samuel had his 1 year check (shots). Both the boys did GREAT.

Samuel's 1 year stats:
weight: 21lbs. 8oz.
height: 29 inches
Samuel got 5 shots....yes I did say 5. He got his normal 1 year vaccinations, plus the H1N1 vaccination, and the flu vaccination - or so I thought. Our nurse, Linda, called me that night and told me she forgot to give him the flu vaccine...so he would have really had 6 shots!! :( Poor guy, cried and cried and cried. He didn't scream like he normally does, but he did one of those long cries...long enough to where I was wondering if he was going to breathe again and his lips turned purple!! :( So sad. But as soon as I picked him up he was fine...although I was getting dirty looks from the back seat the whole way home. Not only from Samuel, but from Ethan too!!

enjoying some french toast and strawberries!

Ethan's 4 year stats:
weight: 36lbs. 2oz
(so we have a long way until booster seat time!!)
height: 40 1/2 inches

Ethan had to get 5 shots too!! The normal vaccinations and the H1N1 and seasonal flu shot, but we opted for the nasal spray for the seasonal. So he would have had 6 shot as well if we had gotten the actual shot! He was so brave. We didn't tell him that he was getting shots, especially since he knows what they are. But then the nurse told him he had to put a gown on so the Dr. could check the growth of his spine, and Ethan wouldn't even look at her. He crossed his arms and pouted!! Then he proceeds to tell Nick and I that he would be naked and his butt was going to "hang out". It was so cute. As soon as he found out he was getting shots, I think he wanted to run away. He did great with the first 4 shots, and the last one he lost it. She said that one stings as it goes in!! Poor little guy. I almost cried watching him try to be so strong and such a big brother for Sammie, but he covered his eyes and cried!! I almost lost it!!


In our pj's enjoying Ethan's birthday breakfast!!


Now thats some serious bed head!!

Such beautiful eyes.

One of Sam's favorite places to play...under the dinning room chairs!

This is my attempt to get a picture of the boys with some lights...
but Sam wanted nothing to do with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...